Tuesday 27 March 2012

Weekend of photo–shoots

Wow all I can say is that I am completely broken!

We have just completed all the photo-shoots and OMG it was a challenge, but thoroughly enjoyable and I would do it again without a second thought.

Over the last few days I have worked with some of the most talented and friendly people ever! and I feel totally inspired and am honoured to have met them. My only disappointment is that Ruth could not be there to share the experience as she too has worked hard on this project.

This weekend I worked with;-

Photography - Deborah Selwood from Gecko studios –  https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gecko-Studios-Photography/115300968481172

Model – Ronny or Captn Ron -  https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/CaptinMaximus-Ron/280059882060695

Make up for Fox Shaman and Red – Kimberly Champman - https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=631780710

Make up for Willow and Florence – Josie Clarke - https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=854225404&sk=info

Video – Chris (sorry I didn’t get your surname). Chris cam on Sunday to film the ‘behind the scenes’ of the shoots. I will post a link as soon as I get it

on average each shoot took approximately 6 to 7 hours to complete.

On Saturday we used the Fox Shaman and Red costumes. Kimberley Chapman did the makeup and was fantastic, she also came out and helped with lighting.

Here is a pic of Kimberley covering Ron’s tattoo and Ron being her cheeky self

IMG_1078IMG_1079

Sadly I forgot to take a photo of Kimberley doing Ron’s ‘Red’ makeup, but once Deborah has edited the photos, I will put one up.

 

On Sunday Josie kindly came to do the makeup for both Willow and Florence. Both shoots required a lot of makeup and she did a fabulous job. You would be amazed how much makeup was involved!

Here is the Willow Makeup

IMG_1083IMG_1080IMG_1081

 

And here is Florence. At one stage poor Ronny had Josie, Deborah and myself all working on her.

IMG_1087IMG_1086

I also want to stress how fantastic Ron was this weekend. She is  AMAZING!!! she  is currently studying at Bournemouth University and came all the way up to Nottinghamshire just for Deborah and myself. She is  a fantastic model who knows what she's doing and easily interpreted what both Deborah and I wanted from the shoots.

The weather was cold all weekend and the studio where she was being made-up was freezing and some of the poses we put her in must have been very uncomfortable, but not once did she complain. At one stage the poor girl got stuck in the car due to how big Florence’s horns were.

IMG_1088IMG_1091

 

Throughout the weekend we all took turns filming each other doing our different jobs for the shoot, it was a fantastic experience and it made me realise how important everyone's role was throughout the weekend, also how hard people worked and also how well we all worked together. Deborah has put together a lovely team of people who are very talented and supportive…

I will post Deborah’s photos ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment